Friday, May 10, 2013

Camp Wedding?


Now, I know a lot of you brides have been dreaming of a camp wedding at your favorite summer camp. I recently discussed the idea with my sister while hashing out further details… We could not imagine getting married at our summer camp. Let’s just say the accommodations are a step above sleeping outdoors with nothing that being said I rather sleep in a tent then the open teepees they boast. My fiancé and I are planning a camp destination wedding near my fiancé’s family. So our first step was one find a camp.

One of our camping trips in Northern California
Well while looking at venues in the beautiful __________ area I realized that my non-platinum wedding budget wouldn’t get me in the door of some of these places. They are gorgeous luxurious and expensive. I am so fortunate that my future in laws have graciously decided to give us our wedding. That means extra bargain hunting for me so I do not feel indebted to them. The location we are currently looking at is none other than ___________! It has gorgeous grounds and enough to host around 200 creatively placed (meaning if some people are into the whole massive sleepover in the programs room then yes 200).

These are still camp facilities but it has a gorgeous lodge with stunning terraces over looking the lake. I cannot wait. But oh yes… the hitch before we can be hitched. They have never hosted a wedding. So not only do I need to ask sensitive questions about hanging décor but walk thinly to prove that yes we will take the utmost care of your facility while hosting the most magnificent wedding bash ever. 

Hey what's up with the _______ blanks? Well I do not want you to steal my perfect location! ;) Once we have it for sure dates and everything... I'd love to share it with you but until then wonder away! 


Next Entry: about all the ridiculous questions you need to ask... for Wedding Locations!

Need more inspiration? Check out my Pinterest Board> Camp Wedding

No comments:

Post a Comment